Dave, one of the guests on this boat, is an avid buyer of lottery tickets. In fact, he'd just won $1000 on a scratch ticket on Friday. As often happens when we get together with Dave, we start talking about what would you do if you won the Megamillions or another big lottery. My standard response is move to the San Juan Islands, buy a house on acreage with a barn and waterfront.
My thoughts drifted not just to the lottery, but to what I'd like to do while I'm still young enough to do it whether or not I won the lottery. Since this is a horse blog, I wanted to gear it toward equestrian-related items. So I gave it some thought. What kinds of horsie things would be on my bucket list, or the things I want to do before I kick the bucket.
- I want to ride a Grand Prix dressage test.
- I want to earn my USDF Bronze Medal, and maybe the Silver.
- I want to ride a cutting horse. (This has been a life-long dream of mine.)
- I want to try cow penning with my 17-1 hand warmblood mare and live to tell about it.
- I want to be able to get my horse round and through on a consistent basis.
- I want my husband and I to both have some nice trail horses and ride all over the Olympic Peninsula.
What about you? Do you have a "horsie" bucket list?