Sunday, December 26, 2010

Happy Holidays from Friday Harbor

I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Holidays and best wishes for the new year. My husband and I decided to spend Christmas in the San Juan Islands this year. If you've ever read any of my books, you'll remember two of them are set in the San Juans on Orcas Island. My 5th book will be set on San Juan Island in the Friday Harbor area.

An update on Gailey. She is now lame in a front leg. The vet injected her a week ago, and she's been on bute. I'll start bringing her back tomorrow. It's been an up and down year for her, and I hope 2011 gives me more opportunities to ride her, instead of less.

Since I haven't had time to compose a post for this Sunday, I thought I'd share some of my pictures with you from our trip. I hope you enjoy them. Blogger would only let me load these pictures, so I posted some more on my Jami Davenport blog. We thoroughly enjoyed our time in the islands. I'd love to do this again. Last year we spent Thanksgiving here. By the way, I noticed a lot of horses on this island and even horse trails at American Camp.

Here's wishing you a wonderful New Year and may all your rides be safe and fun!!!!!

We had a rough crossing.


Roche Harbor's Hotel De Haro

A Sunny Friday Harbor on Christmas day taken from our room overlooking the ferry landing
American Camp--Occupied by American troops in the 1860s-1870s when the British and Americans claimed these islands.
A view of the Islands and Cattle Passage from American Camp

2 comments:

kippen64 said...

Hope that you had a great Christmas. Cheers from Australia.

Alison said...

Thanks Jami for allowing us homebound folks to holiday through your pictures!