Friday, July 9, 2010

Blogging for the First Time

I must admit, as a person who loves to write, you would think I'd have been blogging since blogging was first created by . . . (anyone know the answer?) However, as a full time writer, part time adjunct at a community college, wife, mother of two children, two horses, three dogs and two cats, and some-time gardener, I find that time is precious. But when asked to join Equestrian Ink, I did not hesitate. Being able to combine two passions--writing and horses--is what I love to do. I have written over sixty books for children and teens and the majority have included horses. I still ride in my old age, although leisurely trots on the trails have replaced competition, but when I write my novels, I can 'become' an African American jockey during the Civil War, or an experienced equestrienne navigating a jump course. I also learn through my research incredible information about horses in history, which makes me appreciate their contributions to our country and which I hope to share as I continue to blog.

So thank you readers and members of Equestrian Ink for welcoming me to the blog. Please go to www.alisonhartbooks.com to find out more about me and my books.

6 comments:

Linda Benson said...

Welcome - Alison. I am so glad you are joining our community of writers and readers and horse lovers.

I know you put a lot of research into the books you write, and I am looking forward to reading your posts and getting your insights on horses and writing.

Readers, have any of you read any of Alison's books? They are filled with horses and great characters, and this writer knows her stuff.

Carry on, Alison. Can't wait to read more!

Francesca Prescott said...

Hello Alison. Like Linda, I'm looking forward to reading your posts. I'm also keen to go and take a look at your website and finding out more about your books. I have a ten-year-old niece who is horse-crazy, so I'm sure she'd love to read your stories geared towards children.

Joanna said...

Yay! Now you and LB are both contributors, cool!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Alison!! I can't wait to read your posts and check out your website. I'm always looking for a good horse story no matter what age it is written for!

Take care!

Jami Davenport said...

Welcome, Alison!! We're thrilled to have you here.

Mrs. Mom said...

Well, apparently it has been too long since I was here! Great to see you Alison, blogging over here!

I've had the pleasure of reading and reviewing three of Alison's books on Oh HorseFeathers, and getting to know her a bit via email. I thoroughly enjoy her writing, and I'll be looking forward to posts here now too!